ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood.
To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and chosen the road less traveled.
To a range of other stakeholders – government, financial institutions, funding agencies, collectives, corporates, and academic institutions – we offer a variety of consulting services.
Blending technical and managerial expertise, ALC India's services assist the economically marginalized communities to turn the odds in their favor and build livelihoods that are more certain, rewarding, and sustainable. As central elements of this endeavor, ALC India develops technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills and incubates enterprises that the communities own.
Today, we partner with more than 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana.
Do you want to play a strategic role in the livelihoods of marginalized communities? We have a challenging opportunity for you at Hyderabad, Telangana.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU?
1. Design capacity building programs and learning tours for livelihoods (session plans, training modules, and other aids) for various stakeholders and Entrepreneurship programs.
2. Research, analyze and evaluate the competitive market environment for rural producers and products.
3. Develop ALC India’s consulting practice by identifying the right stakeholders and preparing compelling responses (EoIs, Proposals) to opportunities.
4. Demonstrated commitment to livelihoods
5. Passion to facilitate change and effective action
6. Play a leadership role
7. Design, manage and be accountable for projects and service delivery
8. Independently handle specific tasks assigned under projects
9. Prepare high-quality key documents (such as business plans, concept notes, and strategic documents) for grass root level organizations
10. Handle turnkey projects
11. Build ALC India’s reach and relationships with organizations in different categories
12. Expand service portfolio
13. Invest a significant amount of time in the field, on a need basis
14. Demonstrate the ability to learn and deepen perspectives, vision, and capabilities
Must have excellent number skills, must be comfortable with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE?
QUALIFICATION: Graduate or Postgraduate in
2. Veterinary Science
3. Textile and Design
4. Mechanical and Civil Engineering
5. Environmental Management
6. Food Processing
7. Information Technology Applications
8. Hotel Management
9. Development Studies, Social Sciences
10. Mass Communication, Development Communication, Journalism, English Literature
We also encourage (prefer) people with Post Graduate Diploma in Agri-Business/ Rural Management/ MBA/ Social Entrepreneurship to apply for this position.
EXPERIENCE: 0-6 years of work experience in livelihoods or related fields
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with various stakeholders of the project.
2. Excellent coordination, communication and negotiation skills
3. Ability to adapt to local culture and tolerance to the physical hardship of rural India.
4. Ability to relate and empathize with the marginalized communities.
5. Time management skills
6. Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven, and ability to adapt to a changing environment
7. High in cause orientation and resource consciousness
8. Good documentation and presentation skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. ALC India is committed to creating a diverse workplace and encourages applications from women, transgender people, and differently-abled candidates. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for the position of Access Livelihoods Associate.
To know more about ALC India, including the communities we work with, our models, platforms and services, please visit www.alcindia.org.