THE ASSIGNMENTS YOU WILL HANDLE
1. Effective execution of consulting assignments ensuring on time quality delivery within budget.
2. Ensuring business development through managing partner interface for current assignments and through nurturing and building relationship with existing and new partners independently.
3. Lead team and ensure quality of various livelihood consulting assignments - baseline surveys, value-chain analyses, market studies, feasibility studies and business planning for promoting livelihoods of communities as well as organisations working with them.
4. Design capacity building programs and learning tours for livelihoods (session plans, training modules and other aids) for various stakeholders.
5. Research, analyse and evaluate the competitive market environment for rural producers and products.
6. Achieve quality not only in the final output but also in the overall processes of project.
7. Ensure efficient and cost-effective management of projects with clearly established project processes and timeliness in the completion of projects.
8. Prepare high impact reports, presentations and other documents.
9. Develop ALC India’s consulting practice by identifying the right stakeholders and preparing compelling responses (EoIs, Proposals) to opportunities.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
1. Demonstrated commitment to livelihoods
2. Play a leadership role
3. Design, manage and be accountable for projects and service delivery
4. Independently handle specific tasks assigned under projects
5. Mentor a young team
6. Build ALC India’s reach and relationships with organisations in different categories
7. Demonstrate the ability to learn and deepen perspectives, vision and capabilities
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: Masters in Agri-Business/Rural Management/MBA from a reputed institute/college
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 8 years in working with a leading organization on livelihoods issues
1. Strong technical skills across the spectrum of livelihoods – needs assessment, surveys, feasibility studies, intervention design, program management, M & E, and documentation
2. Sound knowledge and experience of research and study methodologies for both large and small requirements
3. Competent communication skills (written, spoken and presentation)
4. Strong analytical skills
5. Ability to work with diverse team and engage with communities
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS
1. Deep understanding and engagement with livelihoods/social sector issues
2. High in cause orientation and resource consciousness
3. Ability to relate and empathise with marginalised community
4. Mature interpersonal skills
5. Time management skills
6. Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven and ability to adapt to a changing environment