ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood. To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and have chosen the road less travelled. Today, we partner almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana. For more details please visit www.alcindia.org.
Women Entrepreneurship Programme
In a unique and first of its kind attempt to empower and train semi-literate women to take up entrepreneurial ventures, Access Livelihoods Academy (ALA) launched the women entrepreneurship programme, a mini-MBA for rural women.
We partnered with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)– IKEA - DISHA for delivering the pilot phase. In the pilot phase of the programme, 100 participants from 4 clusters, with about 3 farmer producer organizations, across Telangana and Maharashtra were selected, to be imparted managerial and leadership skills. The vision of the program is to scale up to 10,000 rural women in 3 phases in the next 5 years.
Women imparted with these entrepreneurial skills are expected to become role models at two levels – start-up enterprises helping their household income multiple three times and also, take up leadership responsibilities in Farmer Producer Companies (FPCs - FPOs’) in a cluster of villages.
This programme is built on the experiential learning framework, with 75% of time spent on structured practicum exercises covering foundational managerial concepts and 25% of the time allocated for facilitated classroom learning to reinforce the theoretical frameworks related to the concepts. The curriculum was structured around four pillars –Self-Transformation, Enterprise Skills, Enterprise Mindsets & Enterprise Excellence. To know more about ALC India, please visit www.alcindia.org.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. Support in execution of the programme.
2. Support in forming market linkages for the enterprises.
3. Support in various aspects of program such as course selection, its scheduling, accessing financial aid and completing assessments.
4. Maintaining individual tracker of women participants.
5. Support in logistical arrangements during the training programme and ensure the women leaders participation through out the programme.
6. The development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
7. Maintaining other analytics regarding trainee engagement including attendance, academic progress and interventions etc.
8. Build and maintain good relation with the community and various stakeholders.
9. Support team in development of training documents for the trainees.
10. Participating and supporting during travel workshops.
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment.
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction.
3. Work-life balance.
4. The joy of creating social impact.
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals.
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India.
Job Location: Gondia, Pune, Srikakulam, Chittoor.
Number of openings: 4
You Should Apply, If You Have
QUALIFICATION: Graduation from reputed university/institute/ college. Graduation in Social Work, Agriculture, Management, Technology will be preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum 1-2 years of experience in academics, non-conventional academic preferred.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITY ESSENTIALS:
1. Passion for social change and entrepreneurship
2. Comfortable to travel across states.
3. Passion for alternate and non-conventional methods of teaching
4. Demonstrated ability to schedule and coordinate program.
5. Demonstrated ability to identify and build relationships with resource persons, mobilze resources and coordinate program.
6. Strong leadership and project management skills (goal setting, organization and implementation)
7. Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build and maintain strong working relationships with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives in professional life.
8. Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills
9. Familiarity with MS-Office.
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for this position.