Strategize, Create, and Execute Communication and Outreach Activities
Strategize, Create, and Execute Communication and Outreach Activities for diverse stakeholders, using traditional, web, social media channels.
Do you want to use your communication expertise and skills in changing the lives of the economically marginalized women in India? Do you want to create and manage global campaigns to attract small investments that support social entrepreneurs? ALC India has an exciting opening for a Communication Expert in the Business Development, Communication, and Knowledge Management team.
Level: Senior Communication Executive/ or Communication Manager for deserving candidates
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Key Functions and Deliverables
• Research, plan and test an organization-wide communication strategy that can serve the requirements of the organization to improve its reach to economically marginalized communities, farmer producer companies, partners, national and international donors, young entrepreneurs, among others
• Create and develop communication materials for multiple websites, newsletter, organizational announcements, and social media
• Assess the effectiveness of outreach and engagement among the target audience in different channels and develop appropriate strategies based on insights on limitations and opportunities.
Main Duties/Responsibilities (but not limited to)
• Develop a communication strategy, based on organization-wide inputs and consultations
• Assess and develop communication materials for the website (www.alcindia.org) that include writing for different pages, visual layouts, infographics, blog, etc.
• Develop content for the monthly newsletter and improve its reach and relevance using regular feedbacks from recipients
• Develop and collate content for Annual Report and other communication materials such as brochures, presentations, fact sheets, blogs, posters, investment notes, videos, photo essays, presentations, press releases
• Develop partnerships with media, content outlets, and social media channels to ensure stories from ALC India gets periodic coverage
• Internalize, articulate and help evolve the branding of
o AL Group through an integrated understanding of the communities, models, platforms, services and partner ecosystem that AL Group works with
o Creyo, the brand owned by the communities that AL Group works with
• Contribute to the execution of an Integrated Communication blueprint through appropriate campaigns and ongoing activities
• Document models, best practices, good practices, and success stories
• Carry out field visits to create case studies, stories of change and program outcomes
• Develop an asset base (such as photos and videos) for communication requirements
• Provide oversight and inputs to various strategic initiatives of BCK team – including Knowledge Repository
• Increase engagement and communication across the main office, project offices, and stakeholders through aligning communication across instant messaging, social media, HR application, and offline meetings
• Managing a pool of external experts engaged in developing multimedia (movie, video) materials, infographics, branding, advertising, etc.
Apply If you meet the following criteria and possess the relevant skillset
You have 3 to 5 years of experience in roles, having done similar activities, including:
• Handling communication portfolio in the social sector
• Working in media agencies with some experience of writing for social sector
Skills and competencies
• Writing crisp and engaging stories for web and print media
• A keen eye for editorial accuracy, presentation of complex ideas and data for a general and non-technical audience
• Good sense of design and branding
• Excellent articulation, documentation, and presentation skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
• Familiarity with web design tools like canva, piktochart
• Good photography skills
• Working knowledge of design software like – Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Personal Qualities & Behavioral Traits:
• Mature and self-driven individual with the capability to handle multiple tasks independently
• Effective team player, and able to exercise judgment and decisions in multiple priorities
• Deep understanding and engagement with livelihoods/social sector issues
• Passion to facilitate change and effective action
• Ability to adapt and sensitivity to the physical hardships of marginalized India
• Ability to relate and empathize with marginalized communities
• Mature interpersonal and time management skills
• Enjoy working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Required: Expert level proficiency in English
• Desirable: Expert level proficiency in one of the working languages of ALC India – Telegu/ Tamil/ Marathi
• Other languages – Hindi/ Odia
Master’s degree (or bachelor’s degree with 2 years of additional experience) in Journalism/ Mass Communication/ Development Communication/ Media Studies/ Advertising/ Marketing/ Public Relations/ English Literature/ Business Administration/ Public Policy
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information mentioned below in a single file in PDF or Word format. The subject line should clearly mention the position you are applying for.
• 1-page cover letter, mentioning your expected joining date
• 2-page resume
• A note mentioning names and contact of 3 references (1 peer, 2 supervisors)
• A portfolio consisting of your 2 published writing samples (or website link), social media posts, blog, and report (Annual report/ case study), links to the movie on YouTube or other websites.