Transforming India Initiative
ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood. To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and have chosen the road less traveled. Today, we partner almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana. For more details please visit http://www.alcindia.org.
Transforming India Initiative
• 57 people possess as much wealth as the poorest 70 percent of the country and the richest 10 percent in India own 80 percent of its wealth.
• The number of women participating in the labor force in India stands at a mere 27% and continues to drop further every year.
• 76% of children in the country do not have access to higher education.
• India is ranked 141 out of 180 countries on the Environmental Performance Index.
If the reality of the country lies in these facts, the hope lies in the youth of the country. With the current education system failing to give any exposure to these pressing challenges or providing the students with the necessary competencies to solve them, most youth settle for jobs that provide a secure income and nothing more. With the right education, training and support, we believe that the youth can become entrepreneurs with the power to provide meaningful, sustainable and systemic solutions to these pressing challenges.
Would you like to take up this challenge? Be a part of the core team that is building a platform through which youth are equipped to discover, dream, design and develop their own enterprises?
ALC India has launched ‘Transforming India Initiative’ to provide a platform through which entrepreneurs and enterprises are equipped to discover, dream, design, and develop.
In partnership with the Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA), the initiative will:
1. Accelerate existing enterprises with potential to scale up and sustain
2. Create entrepreneurs who have the necessary skills, mindsets and conscious leadership to address social, economic and environmental challenges
3. Establish enterprises that will impact the lives of a significant number of people and serve as model enterprises
The key to the program will be the fellows who will transform into entrepreneurs, enable the acceleration of existing enterprises, and startup responsible enterprises. These fellows will have to be equipped with the necessary skills and mindsets to achieve these significant goals. They will then work towards creating an ecosystem where enterprises and entrepreneurs are nurtured.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. Identify and forge partnerships with social enterprises for ALC’s acceleration programme.
2. Engage with potential partners, CEOs/founders/CXOs of social enterprises, to understand their growth paths and key initiatives that will accelerate vision achievement.
3. Take responsibility for fellows placed in partner enterprises as consultants to drive large-scale business initiatives.
4. Guide and mentor fellows who are on the path to become social entrepreneurs by supporting, planning and reviewing approaches at implementing the initiatives and solutions.
5. Build long-term relationships with the enterprises and act as a liaison between the enterprise’s and ALC India’s leadership teams.
6. Conduct reflection and travel workshops, enterprise partner conferences, review meetings, etc. as required for the acceleration and fellow learning programmes.
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment, autonomy, and ownership of the domain.
2. The opportunity to participate in the next wave powering India’s growth-social enterprises.
3. The chance to be mentored by highly qualified and experienced senior management.
4. A strong network within the space, diverse perspectives, and continuous learning.
Consulting Fee: Rs. 60,000 -1,00,000 (Depending on Experience & Expertise)
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: Graduation/ Post-Graduation
EXPERIENCE: 6-10 years
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES ESSENTIAL:
1. Passion for social innovation and experience with entrepreneurship.
2. Ability to comprehend various business challenges and models, and problem solve.
3. Quantitative and analytical skills, project management and team leadership.
4. Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build and maintain strong working relationships and decipher mindsets and attitudes for problem resolutions.
5. Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
To know more about ALC India, please visit http://www.alcindia.org.