ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood. To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and have chosen the road less traveled. Today, we partner with almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana. For more details please visit www.alcindia.org.
Transforming India Initiative
57 people possess as much wealth as the poorest 70 percent of the country and the richest 10 percent in India owns 80 percent of its wealth.
The number of women participating in the labor force in India stands at a mere 27% and continues to drop further every year.
76% of children in the country do not have access to higher education.
India is ranked 141 out of 180 countries on the Environmental Performance Index.
If the reality of the country lies in these facts, the hope lies in the youth of the country. With the current education system failing to give any exposure to these pressing challenges or providing the students with the necessary competencies to solve them, most youths settle for jobs that provide a secure income and nothing more. With the right education, training, and support, we believe that the youth can become entrepreneurs with the power to provide meaningful, sustainable and systemic solutions to these pressing challenges.
Would you like to take up this challenge? Be a part of the core team that is building a platform through which youth are equipped to discover, dream, design and develop their own enterprises?
ALC India is launching ‘Transforming India Initiative’ to provide a platform through which entrepreneurs and enterprises are equipped to discover, dream, design and develop. In partnership with the Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA), the initiative will: 1. Accelerate existing enterprises with the potential to scale up and sustain 2. Create entrepreneurs who have the necessary skills, mindsets and conscious leadership to address social, economic and environmental challenges 3. Establish enterprises that will impact the lives of a significant number of people and serve as model enterprises.
The key to the programme will be the fellows who will transform into entrepreneurs, enable the acceleration of existing enterprises, and start-up responsible enterprises. These fellows will have to be equipped with the necessary skills and mindsets to achieve these significant goals. They will then work towards creating an ecosystem where enterprises and entrepreneurs are nurtured.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. Strategic planning for reaching out to 2 lakh potential fellows, receiving 1200 quality applications and selecting 60 fellows every year.
2. Identifying, building and maintaining relationships with suitable educational institutes, corporate houses, and other institutions across cities, towns, and villages in India to reach prospective fellows.
3. Independently organizing one-day workshops, campaigns and events to interact and reach out to prospective candidates.
4. Conceptualising and executing direct marketing efforts to build a pipeline of fellows for the programme.
5. Keeping updated on strategies of other players in the fellowship and enterprise development space and continuously improving TII strategies to attract the most suitable candidates.
Required Qualification and Skills
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: Post-graduation from a reputed management institute
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2-5 years of experience
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES ESSENTIAL:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Presentation and public speaking skills.
2. Passion for social innovation and entrepreneurship.
3. Ability to build quick rapport with audiences from diverse backgrounds and the ability to communicate with them effectively.
4. Demonstrated ability to build, cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
5. Ability to organize and anchor events for students and youth at educational institutes independently.
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for this role. To know more about ALC India, please visit www.alcindia.org.