Transforming India Initiative
• 57 people possess as much wealth as the poorest 70 percent of the country and the richest 10 percent in India owns 80 percent of its wealth.
• The number of women participating in the labor force in India stands at a mere 27% and continues to drop further every year.
• 76% of children in the country do not have access to higher education.
• India is ranked 141 out of 180 countries on the Environmental Performance Index.
If the reality of the country lies in these facts, the hope lies in the youth of the country. With the current education system failing to give any exposure to these pressing challenges or providing the students with the necessary competencies to solve them, most youths settle for jobs that provide a secure income and nothing more. With the right education, training, and support, we believe that the youth can become entrepreneurs with the power to provide meaningful, sustainable and systemic solutions to these pressing challenges.
Would you like to take up this challenge? Be a part of the core team that is building a platform through which youth are equipped to discover, dream, design and develop their own enterprises?
ALC India is launching ‘Transforming India Initiative’ to provide a platform through which entrepreneurs and enterprises are equipped to discover, dream, design, and development.
In partnership with the Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA), the initiative will:
1. Accelerate existing enterprises with potential to scale up and sustain
2. Create entrepreneurs who have the necessary skills, mindsets and conscious leadership to address social, economic and environmental challenges
3. Establish enterprises that will impact the lives of a significant number of people and serve as model enterprises
The key to the programme will be the fellows who will transform into entrepreneurs, enable the acceleration of existing enterprises, and startup responsible enterprises. These fellows will have to be equipped with the necessary skills and mindsets to achieve these significant goals. They will then work towards creating an ecosystem where enterprises and entrepreneurs are nurtured.
For this initiative, we are looking for:
Lead – Curriculum Design & Implementation
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. Support in the design of fellowship curriculum based on the vision of the initiative, ‘Aligning body, mind, heart and soul’, to create effective social entrepreneurs
2. Be responsible for effective curriculum delivery, the achievement of programme goals, learning outcomes and the meeting of targets and benchmarks.
3. Effectively plan, track and manage budgets. They work with the leadership team to achieve the programme vision and mission.
4. Develop systems to identify, manage and monitor learning needs and progress of fellows in an effective and efficient manner.
5. Coordinate the development of reports and other analytics regarding fellows - including attendance, academic progress and interventions etc.
6. Profile requirement of resource persons, select resource persons, build and maintain relationships with resource persons of diverse backgrounds.
7. Build personal rapport with each fellow, monitor their performance, give feedback to them, tweak the program to suit their learning requirements and arrange for extra support if needed.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES ESSENTIAL:
1. Passion for social change and entrepreneurship
2. Passion for alternate and non-conventional methods of teaching
3. Demonstrated ability to design curriculum, schedule and coordinate program.
4. Demonstrated ability to identify and build relationships with resource persons, mobilze resources and coordinate program.
5. Strong leadership and project management skills (goal setting, organization and implementation)
6. Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build and maintain strong working relationships with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives in professional life.
7. Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: Graduation/ Post-Graduation from reputed university/institute/ college
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in academics, non-conventional academics preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for this position.
To know more about ALC India, please visit www.alcindia.org.