ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood.
To such producers, Access Livelihoods offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and chosen the road less travelled.
To a range of other stakeholders – government, financial institutions, funding agencies, collectives, corporates, and academic institutions – we offer a variety of consulting services.
Blending technical and managerial expertise, Access Livelihood’s services assist the economically marginalized communities to turn the odds in their favour and build livelihoods that are more certain, rewarding, and sustainable. As central elements of this endeavour, Access Livelihoods develops technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills and incubates enterprises that the communities own.
Today, we partner almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribal, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana.
Access Livelihoods Foundation
Incubates women producer-owned enterprises and mobilizes philanthropic grants for the enterprises. It pilots and scales innovative livelihood impact models for a significant transformation of livelihoods of the marginalised communities.
To know more about Access Livelihoods, including the communities we work with, our models, platforms and services, please visit www.alcindia.org
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU?
1. Experience in promoting profitable community enterprise businesses
2. Experience in handling PC operations including Governance management and systems establishment
3. Experience in creating and reviewing business plans and their on-ground implementation
4. Experience in coordination with the government and other stakeholders
5. Capability to take strong decisions
6. Demonstrated commitment to livelihoods
7. Passion to facilitate change and effective action
8. Play a leadership role
9. Willingness to travel extensively across 4 states to deep rural areas. Ready to be stationed in Hyderabad
10. Ready to commit for 5 years
Must have excellent numbers skills, must be comfortable with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: Graduate in Agriculture and Post Graduation in Agribusiness/Rural Management/Forestry Management from a reputed institute;
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years of experience in working on livelihoods
LANGUAGE: English, Hindi and preferable: Odiya/Telugu/Marathi (one or multiple)
PERSONAL QUALITIES& BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with various stakeholders of the project.
2. Excellent coordination, communication and negotiation skills
3. Ability to adapt to local culture and tolerance to the physical hardship of rural India.
4. Ability to relate and empathize with the marginalized communities.
5. Time management skills
6. Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven and ability to adapt to a changing environment
7. High in cause orientation and resource consciousness
8. Good documentation and presentation skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. Access Livelihoods is committed to creating a diverse workplace and encourages applications from women, transgender people, and differently-abled candidates. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for the position of Operations Head- ALF.