ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood. To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and have chosen the road less traveled. Today, we partner with almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana. For more details please visit www.alcindia.org.
Transforming India Initiative
57 people possess as much wealth as the poorest 70 percent of the country and the richest 10 percent in India owns 80 percent of its wealth.
The number of women participating in the labor force in India stands at a mere 27% and continues to drop further every year.
76% of children in the country do not have access to higher education.
India is ranked 141 out of 180 countries on the Environmental Performance Index.
If the reality of the country lies in these facts, the hope lies in the youth of the country. With the current education system failing to give any exposure to these pressing challenges or providing the students with the necessary competencies to solve them, most youths settle for jobs that provide a secure income and nothing more. With the right education, training, and support, we believe that the youth can become entrepreneurs with the power to provide meaningful, sustainable and systemic solutions to these pressing challenges.
Would you like to take up this challenge? Be a part of the core team that is building a platform through which youth are equipped to discover, dream, design and develop their own enterprises?
ALC India is launching ‘Transforming India Initiative’ to provide a platform through which entrepreneurs and enterprises are equipped to discover, dream, design and develop. In partnership with the Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA), the initiative will: 1. Accelerate existing enterprises with the potential to scale up and sustain 2. Create entrepreneurs who have the necessary skills, mindsets and conscious leadership to address social, economic and environmental challenges 3. Establish enterprises that will impact the lives of a significant number of people and serve as model enterprises.
The key to the programme will be the fellows who will transform into entrepreneurs, enable the acceleration of existing enterprises, and start-up responsible enterprises. These fellows will have to be equipped with the necessary skills and mindsets to achieve these significant goals. They will then work towards creating an ecosystem where enterprises and entrepreneurs are nurtured.
For this initiative, we are looking for:
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. To build, develop and maintain a mentor-mentee relationship with 6-8 fellows.
2. Support the fellows in the acceleration of the enterprises in which they are placed.
3. Build long-term relationships with the enterprises and act as a liaison between the enterprise and the initiative.
4. Guide and handhold the fellows in working and resolving the challenges of the enterprises,
5. Support the fellows in planning and handholding them in implementing the solutions effectively.
6. Spend quality time with the fellows to understand the emotional, ethical and intellectual issues faced by fellows and provide them with the perspective to find their own solutions.
7. Conduct training and reflection sessions for the fellows
Required Qualification and Skills
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: Graduation/ Post-Graduation from reputed university/institute/ college
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3-6 years of work experience (development/ livelihoods/ institution building/ marketing/ production industry/ processing/ enterprise development/ financial management).
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES ESSENTIAL:
1. Passion for mentoring and nurturing people.
2. Experience in social innovation and entrepreneurship.
3. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to listen, quickly comprehend and provide solutions for immediate issues as well as long term situations.
5. Interest in traveling and exploring diverse areas of the country.
6. Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build and maintain strong working relationships with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives in professional life.
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. To know more about ALC India, please visit www.alcindia.org.