About ALC India, a social enterprise in livelihoods
|For those who seek a cause beyond a career
|A team of professionals with a purpose
|The fellow travellers in our journey
Partner Program Services
Do you want to play a strategic role in the livelihoods of marginalised communities through rural tourism? We have a challenging opportunity for you in East Godavari – Project Manager (Partner Program Service).
About Project Sanskriti
Andhra Pradesh State government has planned to promote rural tourism under a programme titled ‘Project Sanskriti’. The objective of the project is to improve livelihoods in the rural areas through community-managed rural tourism aimed at showcasing local flavours through structured tourism products. Access Livelihood Consulting (ALC) India has signed a tripartite agreement with Andhra Pradesh Tourism Authority (APTA) & Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC) for the implementation of the project. The selected cluster to promote rural tourism is Narsapuram-Dindi-Uppada for ALC India. Dindi & Uppada are located in East Godavari District and Narsapur is situated in West Godavari district.
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood. To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and chosen the road less travelled. agerial expertise, ALC India's services assist the economically marginalized communities to turn the odds in their favour and build livelihoods that are more certain, rewarding, and sustainable. As central elements of this endeavour, ALC India develops technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills and incubates enterprises that the communities own.
THE TASKS AND ACTIVITIES TO BE HANDLED:
Building rapport with the village community to be able to conduct sustainable village tourism. Identification of village service providers who provide hospitality services.
On field facilitation of programs, like the village tours, educational programs etc. in the project areas. Modifying and adding activities to the existing portfolio of activities in the villages.
Building a team of village service providers and operations executives to dispense quality hospitality services in the villages with help from the Head of Operations to develop and conduct specific training modules for training service providers and any operations executives.
Coordinating with the villagers and ensuring any infrastructure / campsite is well maintained and all the books and records are updated.
Modify and add to the existing facilities in villages to deliver quality hospitality services.
Developing systems and process for efficient functioning of hospitality services and training programs in the villages.
Ensuring all forms and reports are sent in a timely manner.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. Demonstrated commitment to the livelihoods
2. Passion to facilitate change and effective action
3. Play a leadership role.
4. Independently handle specific tasks assigned under projects
5. Build ALC India’s reach and relationships with organizations in different categories
6. Focus on new locations and areas to benefit economically marginalized
7. Invest a significant amount of time in the field, on a need basis
8. Demonstrate the ability to learn and deepen perspectives, vision and capabilities
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: Masters in Social Work from reputed institute, Graduation from reputed college
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years in working with a leading organization on community mobilization and institution building relevant experience of eco/rural tourism will be preferred.
LANGUAGE: Excellent knowledge of Telugu and English is must.
Base Location: You base location will be in East /West Godavari district; however you will be required to spend significant time in the villages and may also be required to travel within Andhra Pradesh
CAPABILITIES - ESSENTIAL:
1. Competent communication skills (written, spoken and presentation)
2. Strong analytical skills
3. Strong skills with spreadsheet software
4. Ability to implement and manage projects in budget
5. Ability to work with diverse team and engage with communities
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
· Deep understanding and engagement with livelihoods/social sector issues
· High in cause orientation and resource consciousness
· Ability to adapt to local culture and sensitivity to the physical hardships of marginalized India
· Ability to relate and empathise with marginalized community
· Mature interpersonal skills
· Time management skills
· Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven and ability to adapt to a changing environment
· W\ell organized and detail-oriented
· Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position with subject as Project Manager.
To know more about ALC India, please visit www.alcindia.org.
The many levels of growth at ALC India.
Listen to others speak about ALC India