ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood.
To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and chosen the road less traveled.
To a range of other stakeholders – government, financial institutions, funding agencies, collectives, corporates, and academic institutions – we offer a variety of consulting services.
Blending technical and managerial expertise, ALC India's services assist the economically marginalized communities to turn the odds in their favor and build livelihoods that are more certain, rewarding, and sustainable. As central elements of this endeavor, ALC India develops technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills and incubates enterprises that the communities own.
Today, we partner with almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana.
Do you want to play a strategic role in the livelihoods of marginalized communities? We have a challenging opportunity for you in our Hyderabad office – Project Manager (Business Development).
THE ASSIGNMENTS YOU WILL HANDLE:
1. Maintain an up to date tracker of the business opportunities relevant to ALC India’s social impact goals and near to medium term business development targets
2. Source leads through contacts within ALC India and through external sources and analyze fitment of those leads using an internal lead analysis matrix and present and finalize approach to developing proposals for the client
3. Ensure that existing clients are regularly updated about projects and initiatives that are of interest to them, through CRM, email list, website, and blogs in collaboration with the communications team
4. Coordinate with internal and external experts to contribute in developing technical and financial proposals around themes of interventions in agriculture, livestock, women entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship.
5. Analyze and develop partnerships with national and international organizations in developing and responding to business opportunities. You will negotiate with senior colleagues in partner organizations to finalize scope of work.
6. Develop outstanding technical and financial proposals that resonate with clients’ aspirations for project delivery and outputs
7. Maintain and track an up to date repository of knowledge resources on business development
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. Build ALC India’s reach and relationships with new and existing partners in different categories and locations
2. Expand service portfolio
3. Prepare high impact proposals and pitch documents
4. Independently handle assignments and specific tasks
5. Demonstrate the ability to learn and deepen perspectives, vision and capabilities
6. Independently handle specific tasks assigned under projects.
7. Take responsibility for and deliver specific requirements in teams.
8. Spend significant amount of time in field on need basis.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: Master degree in Rural Management / Masters in Agri-Business / MSW / Economics / Computer Science/ IT / MBA / Livelihoods or related subjects.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 6 years in working with relevant industry with relevant experience
1. Minimum 2 years commitment
2. Ideally brings experience of direct supporting producer enterprises and social businesses in one or more of agriculture and livestock segments or working in consulting assignments
3. Ability to draft proposals using persuasive, clear, coherent, and simple English with adequate usage of visuals
4. Successful track record of writing winning proposals
5. Strong understanding and ability to develop survey methods using qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods
6. Research and analysis
7. Demonstrated ability to identify emerging requirements for livelihoods services
LANGUAGE: Knowledge of any local language preferred (specifically, English, Marathi / Oriya / Kannada / Telugu)
1. Keen business acumen
2. Ability to think big
3. An interest to model businesses
4. Strong technical skills across the spectrum of livelihoods
5. Competency in marketing
6. Excellent communication skills (written, spoken and presentation)
7. Proven capability to build and nurture networks
8. Strong analytical skills
9. Strong skills with productivity software including spreadsheets
10. Ability to plan and budget
11. Skills to prepare robust business plans
12. Ability to work with diverse team and engage with communities
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Deep understanding and engagement with livelihoods/social sector issues
2. Passion to facilitate change and effective action
3. Ability to adapt and sensitivity to the physical hardships of marginalised India
4. Ability to relate and empathise with marginalised communities
5. Mature interpersonal skills
6. Time management skills
7. Enjoy working under pressure to meet deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position of a Senior Project Manager. To know more about ALC India, please visit www.alcindia.org.