About ALC India, a social enterprise in livelihoods
|For those who seek a cause beyond a career
|A team of professionals with a purpose
|The fellow travellers in our journey
Project Manager - Community Program Services
ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
Agriculture is India’s primary source of livelihoods. 83% of the cultivators are either marginal or small farmers (accounting for 99 million agricultural holdings). However, farmers are a community in crisis. Collectivizing small farmers empowers them to resolve such problems and improve their incomes significantly. Do you feel inspired to play a role in this endeavor? ALC India has the right opportunity…read on.
Are you an agricultural professional with 2-4 years of experience? We have a challenging opportunity in Gondia, Maharashtra.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
We need your full-time engagement to work in Arjuni, Morgaon and Deori blocks of Gondia district. We look
forward to your engagement in:
1. The mobilization of women farmers into Women Farmer ProducerCompanies (WFPCs).
2. Ensuring value addition to the agricultural products and its marketing by WFPCs.
3. Ensuring acquisition of supporting infrastructure for the above activity by WFPCs.
4. Assisting WFPCs in the recruitment of its staff, building their capacities and managing their performance.
5. Building capacities of the Board of Directors of WFPCs and women farmers based on the business plan.
6. Establishing local linkages and networking with key opinion leaders and government departments, resource
agencies, and research institutions.
7. Preparing Annual/ monthly plan and budget for the project, monitoring its progress against plan and reporting
the same to senior management.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
Masters in Agri-Business/ Rural Management/ MBA/ MSW from a reputed institute.
Professional degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Forestry from a reputed college.
EXPERIENCE: 2-4 years experience in project implementation and team management (Community interface experience is mandatory). Experience of working in rural areas is preferable.
LANGUAGE: Knowledge of Marathi, Hindi, and English is essential
PERSONAL QUALITIES& BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with various stakeholders of the project.
2. Excellent coordination, communication and negotiation skills
3. Ability to adapt to local culture and tolerance to the physical hardship of rural India.
4. Ability to relate and empathize with the marginalized community.
5. Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven, and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Non-hierarchical work environment
A professional work environment and job satisfaction
The joy of creating social impact
The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for the position of Project Manager. To know more about ALC India, please visit www.alcindia.org.
The many levels of growth at ALC India.
Listen to others speak about ALC India