Do you want to play a strategic role in the livelihoods of marginalised communities? We have a challenging opportunity for you at our central office in Hyderabad.
Access Livelihoods is a management consulting service provider with a difference. To address the livelihood transformation needs of the economically marginalised, we offer a wide range of consulting and implementation services. Run by experienced and passionate professionals from diverse fields, Access Livelihoods ensures that marginalised people are recognised as active contributors to the economy and generate and receive an equitable share of wealth. Access Livelihoods works with stakeholders – government agencies, international agencies, development organisations, collectives, CBOs, and corporates.
THE ASSIGNMENTS YOU WILL HANDLE
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
1. Demonstrated commitment to livelihood and entrepreneurship promotion
2. Passion for facilitating change and effective action
3. Play a leadership role
4. Design, manage and be accountable for projects and service delivery
5. Independently handle specific tasks assigned under projects
6. Mentor a young team
7. Prepare high-quality key documents (such as business plans, concept notes and strategic documents) for grass root level organisations
8. Handle turnkey projects
9. Build ALC India’s reach and relationships with organisations in different categories
10. Expand service portfolio
11. Focus on new locations and areas to benefit economically marginalised
12. Invest a significant amount of time in the field, on a need basis
13. Demonstrate the ability to learn and deepen perspectives, vision and capabilities
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
QUALIFICATION: Masters in Agri-Business/Rural Management/MBA/Livelihoods/Social Entrepreneurship/Development Studies from a reputed institute such as IRMA, XIM-B, TISS, IIM and Graduation from reputed college.
EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years of experience in working with a leading organisation on livelihoods/entrepreneurship promotion/social sector consulting.
LANGUAGE: Knowledge of any local language preferred (specifically Marathi, Oriya, Kannada, or Telugu)
CAPABILITIES - ESSENTIAL
1. Strong technical skills across the spectrum of livelihoods – needs assessment, surveys, feasibility studies, intervention design, program management, M & E, and documentation
2. Sound knowledge and experience of research and study methodologies for both large and small requirements
3. Competent communication skills (written, spoken and presentation)
4. Strong analytical skills
5. Ability to use statistical tools for data compilation and analysis
6. Strong skills with spreadsheet software
7. Ability to plan, budget, implement and manage projects
8. Skills to prepare robust business plans
9. Ability to work with a diverse team and engage with communities
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Deep understanding and engagement with livelihoods/social sector issues
2. High in cause orientation and resource consciousness
3. Ability to adapt to local culture and sensitivity to the physical hardships of marginalised India
4. Ability to relate and empathise with the marginalised community
5. Mature interpersonal skills
6. Time management skills
7. Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven and ability to adapt to a changing environment
WHAT WE OFFER
• Non-hierarchical work environment
• A professional work environment and job satisfaction
• Work-life balance
• The joy of creating social impact
• The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
We would be delighted to hear from you. ALC India is committed to creating a diverse workplace and encourages applications from women, transgender people and differently-abled candidates. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for this position.
To know more about ALC India, including the communities we work with, our models, platforms and services, please visit www.alcindia.org.