ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood.
To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and chosen the road less travelled.
To a range of other stakeholders – government, financial institutions, funding agencies, collectives, corporates, and academic institutions – we offer a variety of consulting services.
Blending technical and managerial expertise, ALC India's services assist the economically marginalized communities to turn the odds in their favour and build livelihoods that are more certain, rewarding, and sustainable. As central elements of this endeavour, ALC India develops technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills and incubates enterprises that the communities own.
Today, we partner almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana.
Do you want to play a strategic role in the livelihoods of marginalised communities? We have a challenging opportunity for you at Hyderabad, Telangana. To know more about ALC India, including the communities we work with, our models, platforms and services, please visit www.alcindia.org.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. Actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media.
2. Setting sales goals and developing sales strategies.
3. Researching prospects and generating leads.
4. Contacting potential and existing customers on the phone, per email, and in-person.
5. Handling customer questions, inquiries, and complaints.
6. Preparing and sending quotes and proposals.
7. Should be able to enhance the sales network for existing products and introduce/launch new products in areas/states where there is currently sales.
8. The candidate would be responsible for expanding the sales of existing and new products to new areas/states.
9. Appoint direct customers, distributors, subscription based customers in existing and new areas as per the requirement.
10. Meeting daily, weekly, and monthly sales targets.
11. Participating in sales team meetings.
12. Ensure the availability of stock for sales and demonstrations.
13. Ability to travel at least 20 days in a month.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
MBA/ PGDBM/ Marketing from a reputed institute EXPERIENCE: 4-7 years of relevant experience.
1. Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.
2. Fast learner and passion for sales.
3. Self-motivated with a results-driven approach.
4. Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations.
5. Excellent customer service and sales skills.
6. Strong verbal and written communicator.
7. Excellent phone and presentation skills.
8. Proficiency in English.
9. Must be comfortable with Excel, Power Point and Word.
PERSONAL QUALITIES& BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with various stakeholders of the project.
2. Excellent coordination, communication and negotiation skills.
3. Ability to adapt to local culture and tolerance to the physical hardship of rural India.
4. Ability to relate and empathise with marginalized community.
5. Time management skills.
6. Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
7. High in cause orientation and resource consciousness.
8. Good documentation and presentation skills.
9. Job location will be Hyderabad.
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction.
3. Work-life balance.
4. The joy of creating social impact.
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experience professionals.
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India.
We would be delighted to hear from you. ALC India is committed to creating a diverse workplace and encourages applications from women, transgender people and differently abled candidates. Please send your resume to email@example.com