ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood. To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and chosen the road less travelled. To a range of other stakeholders – government, financial institutions, funding agencies, collectives, corporates, and academic institutions – we offer a variety of consulting services. Blending technical and managerial expertise, ALC India's services assist the economically marginalized communities to turn the odds in their favour and build livelihoods that are more certain, rewarding, and sustainable. As central elements of this endeavour, ALC India develops technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills and incubates enterprises that the communities own. Today, we partner almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana.
Do you want to play a strategic role in the livelihoods of marginalised communities? We have a challenging opportunity for you at Hyderabad, Telangana.To know more about ALC India, including the communities we work with, our models, platforms and services, please visit www.alcindia.org.
Key Responsibilities will include:
1. Business Development: Build and expand customer base by identifying target buyers and approaching new buyers and buying houses, retail formats, E- commerce and subscription models. In effect create channels & platforms for brand expansion and reach.
2. Sales: Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls. Meeting planned sales goals. Set individual sales targets with the sales team. Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary. Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
3. Marketing: Create, explore and implement the same directly or through agencies.
4. Events: Ensure seamless participation in identified tradeshows/ events/exhibitions and successful execution and operations management.
5. New Product Development: Coordinate sampling efforts for buyers with the Design team and Lead product development on client requirements.
6. Order Management: Order processing for all channels and execution. Proactively making sure that all shipments are well-Traced /On-Time. To liaise with the logistics department internally and with the buyer to make sure that shipment bookings are done as per delivery schedule.
7. Ability to travel at least 10 days in a month.
The position will co-ordinate closely on business planning, budgeting & pricing with the Management Team.
You Should Apply, If You Have
QUALIFICATION: MBA/ PGDBM/ Marketing/ Agri-Business/ Rural Management/ Livelihoods from a reputed institute.
EXPERIENCE: 4-7 years of relevant experience SKILLS:
1. Business Development / Sales & distribution /Brand Building.
2. Networking & Association building Experience: At least 2 years in business development in the home textile sector/any other lifestyle/Agribusiness category may be an additional asset.
3. Great communication skills.
4. Good organizational & planning skills, ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines.
5. Target-oriented, self-motivated, leadership skills, good communication skills and effective in working with ambiguity.
6. Must have excellent numbers skills, Must be comfortable with Excel, Power Point and Word.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with various stakeholders of the project.
2. Excellent coordination, communication and negotiation skills.
3. Ability to adapt to local culture and tolerance to the physical hardship of rural India.
4. Ability to relate and empathise with marginalized community.
5. Time management skills.
6. Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
7. High in cause orientation and resource consciousness.
8. Good documentation and presentation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experience professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. ALC India is committed to creating a diverse workplace and encourages applications from women, transgender people and differently abled candidates. Please send your resume to email@example.com