ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood.
To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and chosen the road less travelled.
To a range of other stakeholders – government, financial institutions, funding agencies, collectives, corporates, and academic institutions – we offer a variety of consulting services.
Blending technical and managerial expertise, ALC India's services assist the economically marginalized communities to turn the odds in their favour and build livelihoods that are more certain, rewarding, and sustainable. As central elements of this endeavour, ALC India develops technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills and incubates enterprises that the communities own.
Today, we partner almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana.
Do you want to play a strategic role in the livelihoods of marginalised communities? We have a challenging opportunity for you in our Hyderabad office –Senior Project Manager (Business Development).
THE ASSIGNMENTS YOU WILL HANDLE:
ALC India will be developing and implementing an ERP for corporate functions and another ERP for digitizing its producer companies. SPE-Business Analysis will be required to provide 50% time in system analysis and software project management and 50% in business development.
1. Analyse existing systems (IT and non-IT), procedures, forms to develop user and system requirements specifications (URS and SRS)
2. Develop user experience maps and UI assets (forms, templates, reports) in standard UI tools (such as Moqups) and present to teams to get feedback and finalize
3. Design high level technology architecture and integration, database architecture, API
4. Work with software development team to oversee timely delivery of applications
5. Develop use cases for testing
6. In coordination with the team, take lead in the successful implementation of applications
1. Maintain an up to date tracker of the business opportunities relevant to ALC India’s social impact goals and near to medium term business development targets
2. Source leads through contacts within ALC India and through external sources and analyze fitment of those leads using an internal lead analysis matrix and present and finalize approach to developing proposals for the client
3. Ensure that existing clients are regularly updated about projects and initiatives that are of interest to them, through CRM, email list, website, and blogs in collaboration with the communications team
4. Coordinate with internal and external experts to contribute in developing technical and financial proposals around themes of interventions in agriculture, livestock, women entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship.
5. Analyze and develop partnerships with national and international organizations in developing and responding to business opportunities. You will negotiate with senior colleagues in partner organizations to finalize scope of work.
6. Develop outstanding technical and financial proposals that resonate with clients’ aspirations for project delivery and outputs
7. Maintain and track an up to date repository of knowledge resources on business development
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
QUALIFICATION: A bachelor degree in computer science/ computer application/ IT with a master degree in any branch of social science -for example, Rural Management, Economics, Sociology, Social Work, Public Policy.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2 years in working with relevant industry with relevant experience
1. Proficient in using UI tools (MS Visio, Moqups, Balsamiq) and project management tools (MS Project or similar)
2. Strong analytical thinking and ability to simplify complex processes, following business process engineering principles
3. Experience in using standard diagrams and notations
4. Hands on experience in one or more object oriented programming languages (open source)
5. High degree of familiarity with modern service-based technology architecture
6. Have taken up business development in existing organization
7. Ability to handle a business development opportunity independently
LANGUAGE: Knowledge of any local language preferred (specifically, English, Marathi / Oriya / Kannada / Telugu)
1. Keen business acumen
2. Ability to think big
3. An interest to model businesses
4. Strong technical skills across the spectrum of livelihoods
5. Competency in marketing
6. Excellent communication skills (written, spoken and presentation)
7. Proven capability to build and nurture networks
8. Strong analytical skills
9. Strong skills with productivity software including spreadsheets
10. Ability to plan and budget
11. Skills to prepare robust business plans
12. Ability to work with diverse team and engage with communities
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Deep understanding and engagement with livelihoods/social sector issues
2. Passion to facilitate change and effective action
3. Ability to adapt and sensitivity to the physical hardships of marginalised India
4. Ability to relate and empathise with marginalised communities
5. Mature interpersonal skills
6. Time management skills
7. Enjoy working under pressure to meet deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position of a Senior Project Executive. To know more about ALC India, please visit www.alcindia.org.