About ALC India, a social enterprise in livelihoods
|For those who seek a cause beyond a career
|A team of professionals with a purpose
|The fellow travellers in our journey
Senior Project Manager - Access Livelihoods Foundation
ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
Do you believe you have some answers and ideas on what can change their livelihoods and lives? We have a role seeking the right leader – General Manager (GM), for Access Livelihoods Foundation (ALF), based in Hyderabad.
ALF, a Section 8 Company established by ALC India and Tata Trusts, was established in 2015 with an objective to innovate and create livelihoods models and develop recipes. ALF is still nascent and does not have its own premises, website or team. Right now all functions of ALF is being managed by ALC India.
The GM will be responsible for managing a sizeable initial grant that Tata Trust has made to ALF as promoters contribution and scale it further. In serving ALF’s vision, mission and transformative change it wants to contribute towards, the GM should build the foundation’s work and raise a fund of Rs. 5 Cr every year to evolve new generation livelihoods enhancement models. With a steadfast empathy towards 10 priority communities identified, penchant for innovation and proven ability for enterprise, the GM should establish ALF as a leader in the evolving equitable and economically fair society.
THE ASSIGNMENTS YOU WILL HANDLE:
1. Develop new models for solving livelihoods issues of marginalized communities
2. Evolve models into recipes for scale up
3. Ensure recipes are replicated more often by many partners across the country.
4. Raise funds of Rs. 5 Cr per year to ensure enough resources are available for innovation to happen.
5. Establish a highly motivated and innovative team to develop new models
6. Build ALF’s reach and relationships with new and existing partners in different categories and locations
7. Consistently design and institutionalise evaluation of ALF's investments for impact and social return on investment (SROI)
8. Report and appraise on regular basis to the Board of ALF.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
1. Deep understanding and engagement with livelihoods issues especially issues of economic marginalization and inequity
2. Proven abilities in running successful enterprises and in undertaking large scale livelihood programs
3. Ability to grow a thought leader
4. Demonstrated leadership in operations and in the field
5. Identify and manage highly professional team
6. Ability to research and design livelihood models using latest design thinking approach
7. Strong resource mobilization skills based on sound models and designs
8. Excellent communication and team management skills
9. Resource management - time, human and budgets
10. Must be willing to travel as per the requirement
Masters in Agri-Business/Rural Management/MBA/CS from a reputed institute such as IRMA, XIM-B, TISS, IIM;
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 6 and Maximum 14 years with a leading organization in livelihoods
LANGUAGE: English and knowledge of any local language preferred (Marathi/Oriya, Kanada/Telugu)
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
If you are ambitious, highly energetic and results oriented person and have the capacity to start from the scratch and build/nurture ALF as per founders vision and mission, then do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The many levels of growth at ALC India.
Listen to others speak about ALC India