ENTERPRISE UNUSUAL, OPPORTUNITY UNUSUAL
India's marginalized producers battle formidable odds to eke out a fragile livelihood.
To such producers, ALC India offers professional services delivered by a team of passionate individuals who have graduated from some of India's best institutions and chosen the road less traveled. To a range of other stakeholders – government, financial institutions, funding agencies, collectives, corporates, and academic institutions – we offer a variety of consulting services.
Blending technical and managerial expertise, ALC India's services assist the economically marginalized communities to turn the odds in their favor and build livelihoods that are more certain, rewarding, and sustainable. As central elements of this endeavor, ALC India develops technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills and incubates enterprises that the communities own.
Today, we partner almost 65,000 marginalized producers, including small and marginal farmers, weavers, tribals, and small livestock holders. Our work is spread across five states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Telangana.
Do you want to play a strategic role in the livelihoods of marginalized communities? We have a challenging opportunity for you at Hyderabad, Telangana –Senior Project Manager.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
1. Responsible for planning, designing the implementation plan and to ensure its proper implementation at the field level
2. Lead the team and provide guidance, support, and direction to the livelihood interventions and community businesses.
3. Manage and Monitor Project
4. Facilitate Planning and Review of Businesses.
5. Maintaining and monitoring project plans in a timely manner.
6. Monitoring visits to the field and to provide technical support to field staff
7. Ensure the timely execution, based on the annual work plan, of project deliverables and dissemination of project impacts as per the project timeline.
8. Coordinate with and build partnerships with Govt. Departments, or line department and other relevant stakeholders within the district for the smooth implementation of the project.
9. Conduct regular review meetings and provide timely inputs to the team.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
Must have excellent numbers skills, Must be comfortable with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
QUALIFICATION: Masters in Agri-Business/ Rural Management/ MBA/ Livelihoods from a reputed institute
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in working on livelihoods
LANGUAGE: Knowledge of local language mandatory (Telugu)
PERSONAL QUALITIES& BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with various stakeholders of the project.
2. Excellent coordination, communication and negotiation skills
3. Ability to adapt to local culture and tolerance to the physical hardship of rural India.
4. Ability to relate and empathize with the marginalized community.
5. Time management skills
6. Enjoy working under pressure, deadline-driven, and ability to adapt to a changing environment
7. High in cause orientation and resource consciousness
8. Good documentation and presentation skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Non-hierarchical work environment
2. A professional work environment and job satisfaction
3. Work-life balance
4. The joy of creating social impact
5. The chance to work with and learn from highly experienced professionals
6. A chance to truly experience and understand the real India
We would be delighted to hear from you. ALC India is committed to creating a diverse workplace and encourages applications from women, transgender people, and differently abled candidates. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for the position of Senior Project Manager.
To know more about ALC India, including the communities we work with, our models, platforms, and services, please visit www.alcindia.org.